When explaining a fight strategy to a raid, you need to be as short as possible. Otherwise, you’ll loose the attention from people already knowing the fight, and people who don’t know it won’t remember whats really important about the boss after a 5 minutes explanation.
With the 4.2 nerf bat, we may see a lot more pug raids going into the tier 11 raids, and you, me, anybody could be in one of these raids and have to explain the fights (may it because you’re the lead or because the raid leader has no clue about what a raid leader is supposed to do). In these pick up raids, it’s especially important to be concise while explaining the strategy. Plus you may not be on vent and have to use raid chat.
That’s why I start this series of short strategy posts. I’ll aim at explaining each T11 fight with the less possible words and phrases, focusing on what is important only. These short posts should suit me as I don’t have the commitment to write long posts with screenshots and all that at the moments, but still am sad to completely give up with this blog.
Let’s start with Magmaw :
Roles and positionning :
- Only one tank.
- Every body stand in melee range except one ranged dps standing at max range. (let’s call him the kiter)
- 2 dps jump on Magmaw’s head when available and use the chain on the peak before Magmaw
- Kiter dodge the fire pillar (and eventually kite the worms that’ll spawn on the pillar location)
- All range dps kill the worms when they spawn on the kiter position and slow them
- Whole raid dodge the smokes when needed (go to the tank position)
Additional tip :
- Tank use cooldowns while eaten (not needed if your tank and healers are good enough, but you never know in a pug raid…)
That’s all. 6 simple steps to kill Magmaw. Let’s see if I can do better for the other bosses…