These short strategy posts aim at explaining each T11 fight with the less possible words and phrases, focusing on what is important only. These should be especially useful for someone wanting to explain a fight in a pick up raid.
Roles and Positionning:
- Spread out when Electron is active, else you better stay close from each other to help healers.
- Don’t let any boss (generally it’ll spawn under Arcanotron) stand in the pink puddle
- Stop all damage on current boss (switch to the next one) when energy bar drops to 50% and for 10 seconds after that.
- Interrupt Arcanotron Arcane Annihilator
- Lighting Rod target stand away from anyone else
- Kite, slow down and kill the slimes (named Poison Bomb) that spawn at Toxitron feets
- The target of Magmatron red ray should position herself so that there is nobody on the line going from Magmatron to her.
- As usual, don’t stand in the bad! That includes the green cloud. But you can stand in the pink puddle, and should stand in it whenever possible (that is, don’t stack in it when Electron is active)
When explaining a fight strategy to a raid, you need to be as short as possible. Otherwise, you’ll loose the attention from people already knowing the fight, and people who don’t know it won’t remember whats really important about the boss after a 5 minutes explanation.
With the 4.2 nerf bat, we may see a lot more pug raids going into the tier 11 raids, and you, me, anybody could be in one of these raids and have to explain the fights (may it because you’re the lead or because the raid leader has no clue about what a raid leader is supposed to do). In these pick up raids, it’s especially important to be concise while explaining the strategy. Plus you may not be on vent and have to use raid chat.
That’s why I start this series of short strategy posts. I’ll aim at explaining each T11 fight with the less possible words and phrases, focusing on what is important only. These short posts should suit me as I don’t have the commitment to write long posts with screenshots and all that at the moments, but still am sad to completely give up with this blog.
Let’s start with Magmaw :
Roles and positionning :
- Only one tank.
- Every body stand in melee range except one ranged dps standing at max range. (let’s call him the kiter)
- 2 dps jump on Magmaw’s head when available and use the chain on the peak before Magmaw
You're lucky this time, you've got a map too !
- Kiter dodge the fire pillar (and eventually kite the worms that’ll spawn on the pillar location)
- All range dps kill the worms when they spawn on the kiter position and slow them
- Whole raid dodge the smokes when needed (go to the tank position)
Additional tip :
- Tank use cooldowns while eaten (not needed if your tank and healers are good enough, but you never know in a pug raid…)
That’s all. 6 simple steps to kill Magmaw. Let’s see if I can do better for the other bosses…
|Pick up Addicts killed Magmaw
I thought I wouldn’t post about my guild’s raid kills, but finally I’m quite proud of having killed Magmaw last night and I want to share!
This kill really feels like we’ve achieved something. I know, this boss isn’t hard and most of you must already have kill him. But for us, it’s not that easy.
Pick up Addicts was our alt guild on Vol’jin, and we turned it into a casual raiding guild for Cataclysm. Our first raid was 3 weeks ago. We’re a guild of RL friends and vanilla players coming back after a 4 year break, and we’re raiding once a week. Without spoilers. Some of us are pretty new players and their first raid was our first raid. We don’t have a full roster yet and run with 1-2 PUGs recruted on trade each night. And yet, after one and a half night on Magmaw, we managed to figure out a strat by ourself and kill him.